A message from NHS Charities Together’s CEO Ellie Orton
Our amazing NHS staff and volunteers are working tirelessly right now to care for COVID-19 patients. We know they’ve got this! And we want them to know the country has also got their back.
We are so proud and in awe of NHS staff and volunteers as they work to save lives. This means staying away from their homes and families and working day and night to treat as many people that need to be cared for.
We, the Nation, can help! Let’s show our gratitude and respect for the frontline NHS, and together beat this virus.
As NHS staff and volunteers look after COVID-19 patients in their greatest hour of need, we can help take care of the well-being of our NHS people.
YOU CAN HELP
Here at NHS Charities Together we urge you to do the following:
- Follow NHS and Government guidance about how to keep others and yourself safe.
- Support your family and friends through your social messaging and communication networks
- Support your local NHS. We have 140 NHS charities dedicated to supporting patient care at their hospitals, ambulance trusts, mental and community health bodies. To find yours, click here
- Donate to the NHS Charities national campaign that acknowledges and supports NHS Staff and volunteering caring for COVID-19 patients.
Donations to the national campaign will:
- Fund well-being packs/gifts for staff and volunteers on wards/departments (this could include food deliveries, high energy/protein bars/drinks, snacks, refreshments, wash kits, overnight stay kits.)
- Cost of travel, parking, accommodation for NHS staff and volunteer expenses
- Other items as requested by NHS Charities that enhance the well-being of NHS staff and volunteers caring for COVID-19 patients
We are in this together and you can help.